Did you ever imagine covering a distance of more than 1400 km in just three hours?
Well, China has made it possible by introducing the world’s fastest maglev train with a top speed of 600 km/hr! On Tuesday, the country unveiled the world’s fastest train.
Special features of the train:
- As per Chinese media, the train is self-developed by China in the coastal city of Qingdao of Shandong At 600 km/hr, that train can cover a 1000 km distance from Beijing to Shanghai in only 2.5 hours! At present, the journey takes 5.5 hours at the current speed by train and 3 hours by flight.
- The maglev trains, like regular trains, do not use wheels or a conventional track, but move by magnetic levitation with It keeps the train a little above the track.
- These trains are more efficient than usual trains because they don’t depend on friction for braking or accelerating.
- Also these trains are absolutely As of now, only countries like France, Japan, Spain, South Korea and China use such transportation systems.
- As of now, Shanghai has a short maglev line running between the airport and the town.
- According to Chinese media, these trains will help fill the gap between China’s present high- speed trains that run at 350 km/hr and aeroplanes at a speed of 800 km/hr.
- The train also features Wi-Fi and wireless charging.