Malaika Arora was seen practicing Parivrtta Trikonasana or Revolved Triangle pose with a ‘DANDA.’
She shared a picture and wrote, “Namaste Everyone🙏
Hope you all are staying safe and taking good care of you and your loved ones.
Let’s begin with the first #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek of 2022!
You all know that core strengthening poses like Trikonasana and its variations are one of my favourite poses and one thing I like doing is adding some fun to my daily routine with these poses. So here is this week’s pose, Parivrtta Trikonasana, but, with a Danda.”
Here’s how to do it:-
- Stand with the spine straight.
- Place the stick on the shoulders and roll your arms around the stick. Making a T-shape with the body.
- Separate your legs 3-4 inches apart. Right foot should be facing towards right side and left toes should be tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Keep the torso in front, chest open and roll your shoulders back.
- With an inhalation, start twisting your torso towards the right side.
- As you exhale, bend down taking the left corner of the stick at the right side. Drop the edge of the stick at the outside edge of your right foot.
- Gaze towards the right palm.
- Hold this pose for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the steps on the other side as well.